Here’s a rare look at a splash page I did for a MAD parody from roughs through final pencils, inks, and color. The published final is above. It’s rare because I very seldom scan my final pencils in before inking them, so I have few examples of the pencil stage. This is a parody of the short lived TV show “Samantha Who?” as written by Dick DeBartolo and appeared in MAD #489, May 2008. Clicky to embiggen.
Sign up for the latest news, Caricature Workshops and more!
299 LA Workshop no. 2 underway today!
- Classic Rock Sketch Series (42)
- Freelancing (152)
- General (1,210)
- Illustration Throwback Thursday (43)
- It's All Geek to Me! (52)
- Just Because… (1)
- MAD Magazine (554)
- Mailbag (542)
- Monday MADness (185)
- News (788)
- On the Drawing Board (159)
- Presidential Caricatures (47)
- Sketch O'The Week (568)
- Stuff from my Studio (3)
- Surf's Up Dept. (29)
- Tales from the Theme Park (17)
- Tutorials (17)
- Wall of Shame (17)