I’ll be at C2E2 at McCormick Place South in Artist’s Ally at booth number O16 tomorrow, Saturday, and Sunday with my booth babe The Lovely Anna! I’ll be signing stuff, charging outrageous prices for commission drawings and caricatures, hawking copies of my book and limited edition prints (Sherlock and Batman only) as well as some (cheap!) convention exclusives, and ridiculously large and overpriced MAD originals.
As always, bring me a cold can of Monster Zero Ultra (white can) and get a free “Alfred as Batman” drawing!
In comic book shops, on the iPad and in subscribers mailboxes now, on news stands everywhere tomorrow:
- Cover (Mark Fredrickson)
- “Weird AL” Welcome (Al Yankovic, Hermann Mejia)
- Letters and Tomatoes (Answered by Al Yankovic)
- The Fundalini Pages (Kenny Keil, Chris Houghton, John Kerschbaum, Joe Dator, Ward Sutton, Desmond Devlin, Kevin Pope, Dick DeBartolo, Teresa Burns Parkhurst)
- The Weird Al-ini Pages (Anton Emdin, Patton Oswald, Scott Bricher, Seth Green, Bob Staake, Chris Hardwicke, Kristen Schaal & Rich Blomquist, James Warhola, Emo Philips, Rick Tulka, Thomas Lennon, John Hodgman)
- Pages From Weird Al’s Notebook (Al Yankovic, Sam Sisco, Sam Viviano (uncredited))
- Things You Never want to Learn from Ancestry.com (John Caldwell)
- Spy vs. Spy (Peter Kuper)
- Snappy Answers to Stupid Questions, Special Weird Al Edition (Al Jaffee)
- MAD’s Tom Bunk Visits a Weird Al Concert (Tom Bunk)
- The Baleful Yarn of the Mourning McGees (John Caldwell, Phil McAndrew)
- Planet TAD!!!!! (Tim Carvell)
- A MAD Look at California (Sergio Aragonès, colorist: Tom Luth)
- Things to Ask Your Sex Ed Teacher (Kenny Keil, Jose Garibaldi)
- The Captivating Tale of Pedro’s Execution (John Caldwell, Phil McAndrew)
- The Mad Vault- From MAD #93, March 1965 (Weird Al by Rick Tulka, Artist: Mort Drucker, Writer: Larry Siegel)
- President Obama’s Bucket List (Mike Morse, Paul Coker)
- The Strip Club (Kenny Keil, K.C.Green, Christopher Baldwin, Kit Lively & Scott Nickel, Nathan Cooper, Box Brown, Phil McAndrew, Peet Tamburino)
- American Sniping (David Shayne, Tom Richmond)
- The Best of the Idiotical (Uncredited)
- Drawn Out Dramas- Various margins throughout the magazine (Sergio Aragonès)
- The MAD Fold-In (Al Jaffee)
According to the MAD scholars on the MAD Mumblings facebook group, “Weird Al” Yankovic appears in caricature and astounding 46 times in this issue. I know he appears at the end of the parody of “Amercian Sniper” I worked on with writer David Shayne. I’ll post a sneak peek at that tomorrow.
Now, What are you waiting for… a furshlugginer invitation?!? Go out and buy a copy, clod!