Right now my workload has reached Red Alert, incoming tsunami, epic emergency proportions. In the next 6 weeks I have to complete the following:
- 32 more pages on the “Z-People” comic for Sitcomics
- 5 page TV parody for MAD
- Marlin Co. illustration
- Large and complex full page ad/promo for a big cartoonists event TBA soon
- Assorted other art jobs
- Finish planning, organizing and running The 69th Annual NCS Reuben Awards Weekend
On top of that I am also doing two comic cons and visiting Memphis for an NCS “Cartooning for Kids” event at St. Jude Children’s Hospital during this six weeks.
I have to do something I have not had to do since the “Bo Confidential” book illustration craziness of a few years ago. I have to shut everything else down and spend all my time at the drawing board. Minimal internet, extraneous activities, sleep.
So, what about the blog? Oh yeah, I forgot to mention the side project I am doing where I have to caricature all 44 US Presidents… that’s in there too. I am going to post one a day for the next 44 days. That’s the first one above… George Washington. Not as sexy as the rock and roll series, but a fresh caricature everyday, and I’m bound to be doing your favorite president eventually! Go W.H. Taft! Other posting will be only occasional news, announcements and other stuff of the short variety.
See you on the other side of Memorial Day!
- Classic Rock Sketch Series (24)
- Freelancing (149)
- General (1,154)
- Illustration Throwback Thursday (34)
- It's All Geek to Me! (52)
- Just Because… (1)
- MAD Magazine (514)
- Mailbag (505)
- Monday MADness (154)
- News (728)
- On the Drawing Board (158)
- Presidential Caricatures (47)
- Sketch O'The Week (531)
- Surf's Up Dept. (29)
- Tales from the Theme Park (17)
- Tutorials (17)
- Wall of Shame (16)