In honor of spring training opening this week, today’s Monday MADness comes from MAD #434, October 2003…a feature written by Barry Liebmann that asks the question: what would the world be like “Without Sports…”. Click the image below for an embiggened look at my art and follow along with the key for a sampling of Barry’s many gags from the original article:
- … many of the athletes who receive millions to endorse sneakers would only be qualified to work in the same 3-cent-an-hour sweatshops that manufacture them.
- … the only people left to grab their own crotch in public would be three-year-olds, incontinent seniors, and Eminem.
- … God would be able to concentrate on world hunger and curing illnesses once he’s no longer besieged by Cubs and Red Sox fans praying for a World Series win (and yes, that “God” is Bill Gaines).
- … Bobby Knight would be tranquilized, Mike Tyson would be lobotomized, and O.J. would be on Death Row.
- … Pro Wrestling would be totally unchanged.
Sign up for the latest news, Caricature Workshops and more!
540 Sketch o’the Week- Burgess Meredith! #batman #batman66 #penguin #caricature #madmagazine
- Classic Rock Sketch Series (42)
- Freelancing (152)
- General (1,209)
- Illustration Throwback Thursday (43)
- It's All Geek to Me! (52)
- Just Because… (1)
- MAD Magazine (553)
- Mailbag (542)
- Monday MADness (185)
- News (787)
- On the Drawing Board (159)
- Presidential Caricatures (47)
- Sketch O'The Week (568)
- Stuff from my Studio (3)
- Surf's Up Dept. (29)
- Tales from the Theme Park (17)
- Tutorials (17)
- Wall of Shame (17)