Better late than never today, even if I am doing another of my shameless plugs for the Limited Artist’s Edition of my book, complete with a caricature of YOU (or the person of your choice) drawn by me in a signed, numbered, limited-to-120-editions copy.
To make it up to you, I will make this into a little lesson. Below is the main reference pic I used to draw Jayce here, and below that are the observations I made about his face, with corresponding mark-ups on the photo.
- Overall head shape: Long. Need to elongate head and the correspondingly narrow face.
- Narrow bridge of nose, strong bone structure
- Outside corner of eye very high and flattened
- upper mouth area distinctively shaped, wide past corners of mouth
- Small, slightly recessed chin
- Strong lines from chin to mouth corner, again from behind that line to cheekbone
- Strong cheekbones
Forgot to mention eyebrows. Very distinct shape, flat across bottom and angled into that bony nose bridge in an “angry” sort of way.
Sign up for the latest news, Caricature Workshops and more!
294 LA Workshop no. 2 underway today!
- Classic Rock Sketch Series (42)
- Freelancing (152)
- General (1,210)
- Illustration Throwback Thursday (43)
- It's All Geek to Me! (52)
- Just Because… (1)
- MAD Magazine (554)
- Mailbag (542)
- Monday MADness (185)
- News (788)
- On the Drawing Board (159)
- Presidential Caricatures (47)
- Sketch O'The Week (568)
- Stuff from my Studio (3)
- Surf's Up Dept. (29)
- Tales from the Theme Park (17)
- Tutorials (17)
- Wall of Shame (17)