The last month of the year is usually a quiet one for the freelance biz. Magazines and publications have often blown their budget for illustration for the year by the end of November. Their “end of the year” issues that come out on the stands in December are often bigger and more costly to produce, and were done back in October or in early November. Thus, around the holidays it is usually a bit slow. Here’s what I have on the board right now-
- Penthouse Spot Illustration– The last of a series of caricatures of Dave Navarro for a column he is doing in the magazine.
- Workplace poster– my usual monthly assignment
- LOTS of drawings for the Limited Artist’s Edition
- Odds and ends . . . might do a family Christmas card!
The above is my latest Marlin poster. Below is the pencil rough.
Sign up for the latest news, Caricature Workshops and more!
322 LA Workshop no. 2 underway today!
- Classic Rock Sketch Series (42)
- Freelancing (152)
- General (1,211)
- Illustration Throwback Thursday (43)
- It's All Geek to Me! (52)
- Just Because… (1)
- MAD Magazine (554)
- Mailbag (542)
- Monday MADness (186)
- News (788)
- On the Drawing Board (159)
- Presidential Caricatures (47)
- Sketch O'The Week (568)
- Stuff from my Studio (3)
- Surf's Up Dept. (29)
- Tales from the Theme Park (17)
- Tutorials (17)
- Wall of Shame (17)