Sketch o’the Week- Anne Hathaway

August 15th, 2012 | Posted in Sketch O'The Week

This week’s subject is The Dark Knight Rises star Anne Hathaway. I have to admit I was not very enthusiastic over her casting as Selena Kyle aka Catwoman in the latest Batman movie, but I also questioned director Christopher Nolan‘s choice of Heath Ledger as the Joker in The Dark Knight at first, and we all know how that turned out. I trusted Nolan, and he didn’t disappoint. Hathaway was great in the role, and to have a overtly hot, vampy actress play the part would have been a mistake. I thought she was just the right amount of tough, complex, smart and sexy for the role.

Comments

1. The D--k K----t R---s says:

On a totally unrelated note that is in no way whatsoever remotely connected to the above sketch, when does MAD #518 come out?

I don’t know what you are talking about, but the official news stand date for #518 is October 23rd.

2. Back on track…. Awesome sketch Tom!

3. Jim Lavery says:

You captured her perfectly Tom. Any time I see her I say she’d make the perfect cartoon. Her eyes and smile are so big she looks like a cartoon already, while still being extremely attractive. Oh no, I’m sounding like a weirdo, aren’t I? Cool.

4. colin bridle says:

i love your work and cannot get to much its awesome

5. thomasJames Scott says:

so if you are cartooning,why emulate Vogue or Cosmopolitan and go HerbBlock
    instead of distorting such a fine pulchritudinous piece of feminine architecture?

I fail to see how this drawing is “emulating Vogue or Cosmopolitan”. If you are asking me why I didn’t do a more cartoonish or exaggerated caricature of her, then the answer is because I didn’t. It’s a sketch, and I draw those in whatever manner the subject or drawing takes me. However, thanks for the unsolicited elucidation of my Hathaway delineation.

Instagram