Can’t seem to get ahead . . . a great problem for a freelancer to have but I am going to be doing a lot of traveling this summer and the drawing board just keeps getting crazier and crazier. Here’s what’s on the board currently:
- Marlin Co. Workplace poster- Doing finals today. They allow me to post the results right away so perhaps tomorrow on that.
- Jeff Dunham art- More finished illustration for some future products, also finishing today
- Utne Reader cover– just got this assignment, pencils due tomorrow, final next week.
- MAD Parody– The Avengers for MAD #517! Usually I have to keep what I am working on a secret, but writer Dick DeBartolo let the Asgardian out of the bag online, so it’s open season. due first week of July.
- Cover of The Cartoon!st– The cover of the post-Reuben weekend issue of the NCS newsletter is is always done by the winner of the Reuben Award . . . That’s me!
I know I’m forgetting something…hopefully I’ll remember what it was before the deadline.
This weekend I wrapped up a Penthouse illustration, and last week I finished a huge book illustration project for Simon and Schuster, which I will be able to elaborate on when the book is announced or at least when it’s released this fall. It’s a pretty high-profile book with a tie in to a major television series, so I hope it will be a big seller. It was a fun project that had me working in all sorts of different styles as part of some specific parody elements.
Back to the drawing board!
464 #nycc2017 #nycc commissions
- Classic Rock Sketch Series (36)
- Freelancing (150)
- General (1,193)
- Illustration Throwback Thursday (39)
- It's All Geek to Me! (52)
- Just Because… (1)
- MAD Magazine (545)
- Mailbag (529)
- Monday MADness (174)
- News (767)
- On the Drawing Board (159)
- Presidential Caricatures (47)
- Sketch O'The Week (555)
- Surf's Up Dept. (29)
- Tales from the Theme Park (17)
- Tutorials (17)
- Wall of Shame (17)