Staring this afternoon you’ll find The Lovely Anna and me at Wizard World Comic Con Chicago at booth F-15 in Artists’ Alley. We have a nice corner booth this year. I’ll have the usual stuff and a few new things since my last visit to Chicago available:
- Signed copies of “The Mad Art of Caricature”
- Original MAD artwork
- NEW: Various pencil sketches ranging from $25 to $75
- Limited edition prints:
- “Men of Steel” NEW!
- “Bats in the Belfry”
- “The Game is Afoot”
- My “Presidential Caricatures” poster NEW!
- Assorted copies of MAD (signed)
- Exclusive mini-prints of my sold out James Bond print and one of my DC variant covers NEW!
- Commissions and caricatures as always, prices vary
You can also catch me at this panel on Thursday:
Thursday August 20:
5:30-6:15 PM HOW TO DRAW FUNNY! WITH MAD’S TOM RICHMOND, THE SIMPSONS’ PHIL ORTIZ, WEAPON BROWN’S JASON YUNGBLUTH, AND DICK TRACY’S JIM BROZMAN
Ever wonder how humor artists are able to create characters and stories that leave us laughing like idiots? Here, four of the finest practitioners of the simple art of humor—Tom Richmond (MAD Magazine; 2012 National Cartoonist Society’s “Outstanding Cartoonist of the Year”), Phil Ortiz (The Simpsons TV series and comics), Jason Yungbluth (MAD Magazine; Weapon Brown) and Jim Brozman (Dick Tracy; Dr. Weird)—tell and show you how they do it! Moderated by Danny Fingeroth (How to Create Comics from Script to Print).
I’ll try and post pics and do tweets and whatnot from the convention floor.
As always, anyone who brings me a cold can of Monster Ultra Zero (that’s the funky white can) get’s a free “Alfred as Batman” sketch!
- Classic Rock Sketch Series (24)
- Freelancing (149)
- General (1,153)
- Illustration Throwback Thursday (34)
- It's All Geek to Me! (52)
- Just Because… (1)
- MAD Magazine (513)
- Mailbag (505)
- Monday MADness (153)
- News (728)
- On the Drawing Board (158)
- Presidential Caricatures (47)
- Sketch O'The Week (531)
- Surf's Up Dept. (29)
- Tales from the Theme Park (17)
- Tutorials (17)
- Wall of Shame (16)