A few weeks ago I posted about this terrific seven day “Caribbean Cartooning Cruise” featuring myself and a bunch of real cartoonists including seven Reuben Award winners, four Pulitzer prize winners, winners of a ton of NCS Silver Reuben winners and many other awards:
- Jim Borgman– “Zits” syndicated comic strip; Pulitzer prize winning editorial cartoonist; 1993 Reuben Award winner
- Lynn Johnston– “For Better or For Worse” syndicated comic strip; 1985 Reuben Award winner
- Jeff Keane– “The Family Circus” syndicated comic strip
- Rick Kirkman– “Baby Blues” syndicated comic strip; 2012 Reuben Award winner
- Mike Luchovich– Two time Pulitzer prize winning editorial cartoonist, 2005 Reuben Award winner
- Steve McGarry– “BiographiC” and “Kid’s Town” syndicated comics; “Minions” movie story artist
- Bill Morrison– “The Simpsons” and “Futurama” artist and art director; NCS President
- Mike Peters– “Mother Goose and Grimm” syndicated comic strip; Pulitzer prize winning editorial cartoonist, 1991 Reuben Award winner
- Michael Ramirez– Two time Pulitzer prize winning editorial cartoonist
- Tom Richmond– World record consumer of Mai Tais
- Jerry Scott– “Zits” and “Baby Blues” syndicated comic strips; 2001 Reuben Award winner
- Rick Stromoski– “Soup to Nuts” syndicated comic strip; Greeting Cards
That’s a stellar lineup, but they just added one more!:
- Stephen Pastis- “Pearls Before Swine” syndicated comic strip, “Timmy Failure” book series
Stephen will do a presentation on his career both with Pearls and his hit kids book series “Timmy Failure”. He will also doubtless be removing his shirt at every opportunity.
All the above cartoonists will be doing individual presentations and/or participating in panels on their corner of the cartooning world. There will be entertainment activities like “Quick on the Draw”, where we get up onstage and have a draw off based on ideas from the audience. There will also be several meet and greets where you’ll get a chance to get personal drawings or caricatures from all the cartoonists. For those interested in cartooning as a career, there will be a few different seminars on the nuts and bolts of the industry and making a living as a cartoonist. I will be conducting a class on how to draw caricatures, my first ever (for adults) outside of when I teach rookie theme park artists that work with my company. These are all exclusive events for only those booked for the “2016 NCS Caribbean Cruise”.
Oh, and we have port stops in Jamaica, Haiti, Grand Cayman, and Cozumel, and our ship is the incredible Royal Caribbean’s “Freedom of the Seas”. Your cruise price includes exclusive access to all the cartooning events, all meals and FREE DRINKS for the entire week (That’s right… FREE DRINKS), your dinner table hosted by one of the cartoonists, and an NCS “Goodie Bag”. A full week of sun, sea, fun, and cartooning hijinks!
It all happens Jan 17th-24th, 2016, departing and returning to Port Canaveral, FL. Visit the NCS website for more details, or book directly via this page. If you want to have me hosting your dinner table, be sure to book under my name in the drop down menu. If you book the trip under my name, you will get something extra: I will take the time on the cruise to do a pen and ink caricature of you, on your own or with your significant other. This will not be like the quick 10 minute sketches I do at the meet and greets. This will be something I spend some time on. How do you book under my name? Just select it in the dropdown box on the booking page:
And remember, all proceeds from the cruise go to the NCS Foundation, to help fund their programs like the “Cartooning for Kids” children’s hospital visits, the Jay Kennedy Memorial Scholarship, the Milt Gross Fund for cartoonists experiencing financial hardships, and other worthy endeavors.
It’s going to be a fun time… your chance to experience a sort of ‘Mini-Reubens’ if you’ve ever wondered what that is like. If you are considering taking get-away vacation this coming winter, this one will be a great trip!
733 My cover art for the next issue of MAD, exclusive sneak peek from @entertainmentweekly website
- Classic Rock Sketch Series (34)
- Freelancing (150)
- General (1,189)
- Illustration Throwback Thursday (39)
- It's All Geek to Me! (52)
- Just Because… (1)
- MAD Magazine (541)
- Mailbag (525)
- Monday MADness (171)
- News (763)
- On the Drawing Board (159)
- Presidential Caricatures (47)
- Sketch O'The Week (552)
- Surf's Up Dept. (29)
- Tales from the Theme Park (17)
- Tutorials (17)
- Wall of Shame (17)