In honor of spring training opening this week, today’s Monday MADness comes from MAD #434, October 2003…a feature written by Barry Liebmann that asks the question: what would the world be like “Without Sports…”. Click the image below for an embiggened look at my art and follow along with the key for a sampling of Barry’s many gags from the original article:
- … many of the athletes who receive millions to endorse sneakers would only be qualified to work in the same 3-cent-an-hour sweatshops that manufacture them.
- … the only people left to grab their own crotch in public would be three-year-olds, incontinent seniors, and Eminem.
- … God would be able to concentrate on world hunger and curing illnesses once he’s no longer besieged by Cubs and Red Sox fans praying for a World Series win (and yes, that “God” is Bill Gaines).
- … Bobby Knight would be tranquilized, Mike Tyson would be lobotomized, and O.J. would be on Death Row.
- … Pro Wrestling would be totally unchanged.
Sign up for the latest news, Caricature Workshops and more!
148 Just added dates for Atlanta and London, spots still available in Dallas and Toronto! https://www.tomrichmond.com/product-category/workshops/
- Classic Rock Sketch Series (38)
- Freelancing (152)
- General (1,197)
- Illustration Throwback Thursday (40)
- It's All Geek to Me! (52)
- Just Because… (1)
- MAD Magazine (549)
- Mailbag (534)
- Monday MADness (178)
- News (773)
- On the Drawing Board (159)
- Presidential Caricatures (47)
- Sketch O'The Week (560)
- Surf's Up Dept. (29)
- Tales from the Theme Park (17)
- Tutorials (17)
- Wall of Shame (17)