The San Diego Comic-Con is almost upon us, and here is my as-of-now schedule of appearances for 2013:
Thurs July 18th
- MAD Screening and Q&A- 10:15-11:15am- Room 6DE- A panel discussion about the animated MAD show on the Cartoon Network: The MADness continues in San Diego as MAD once again descends on Comic-Con with their usual-but mostly unusual-brand of hijinks and hilarity. Producers Kevin Shinick and Mark Marek and other hilarious minds from the show promise a wisecracking discussion about the series inspired by the beloved and bestselling humor magazine. Producers will also share new footage featuring all the fan-favorite elements of the show, from animated parodies and crazy commercials to pretend promos and classic gags. This panel is sure to leave everyone feeling MAD. From Warner Bros. Animation, MAD airs Mondays at 8:30/7:30c on Cartoon Network.
- NCS booth- #1307/1309- 10am-12pm, 1-3 pm- Selling/signing book and original MAD art, doing caricatures and sketches, selling my Doctor Who Limited Edition Print
Fri July 19th
- Cartoon Art Museum Sketch-A-Thon- #1930- 11am-12 noon– Doing sketches for a $10 or more donation to the San Francisco Cartoon Art Museum.
- NCS booth- #1307/1309- 1-3 pm, 5-7 pm- Selling/signing book and original MAD art, doing caricatures and sketches, selling my Doctor Who Limited Edition Print
Sat July 20th
- NCS booth- #1307/1309 10am-12pm- Selling/signing book and original MAD art, doing caricatures and sketches, selling my Doctor Who Limited Edition Print
- Mad about MAD panel- 2-3 pm-Room 9- Panel featuring John Ficarra, Ryan Flanders, Sam Viviano, Sergio Aragones, Peter Kuper and Tom Richmond, Moderator: Bob Wayne–
MAD, the country’s #1-selling humor magazine (in a field of 1), is dumber than ever! Join MAD Magazine editor John Ficarra and art director Sam Viviano for a ridiculous peek at what’s happening at the magazine, an exclusive first-look at their new book, Inside MAD, and an epically, moronic Q&A that’s bound to be, well, MAD! Room 9. (Prizes will be awarded for most moronic questions!)
- DC Comics Booth, 6-7 pm- Signing and sketching alongside Peter Kuper.
Sun July 21st
- NCS booth- #1307/1309 10am-12pm, 3-5pm- Selling/signing book and original MAD art, doing caricatures and sketches, selling my Doctor Who Limited Edition Print
- DC Comics Booth, 2-2:30 pm- Drawing demonstration
I might be adding some stuff… you never know.
Sign up for the latest news, Caricature Workshops and more!
149 Just added dates for Atlanta and London, spots still available in Dallas and Toronto! https://www.tomrichmond.com/product-category/workshops/
- Classic Rock Sketch Series (38)
- Freelancing (152)
- General (1,198)
- Illustration Throwback Thursday (40)
- It's All Geek to Me! (52)
- Just Because… (1)
- MAD Magazine (549)
- Mailbag (534)
- Monday MADness (178)
- News (773)
- On the Drawing Board (159)
- Presidential Caricatures (47)
- Sketch O'The Week (560)
- Surf's Up Dept. (29)
- Tales from the Theme Park (17)
- Tutorials (17)
- Wall of Shame (17)