I’ve got a few speaking engagements and appearances this summer I thought I’d let folks know about in case you have nothing better to do:
Fox 9 Twin Cities Morning Shows, Saturday, June 9th and Wednesday, June 13th– If you live in the Twin Cities I’ll be on both these morning shows, at 7:45 am on the 9th and 9:00 am on the 13th. Might wear the Batsuit . . . but I’ll probably just be drawing caricatures of the anchors.
San Diego Comic-Con, July 12th-15th– I am not going to have my own booth this year, but will be at the National Cartoonists Society booth throughout the weekend with copies of my book for sale/signing, some original MAD art, and drawing caricatures. I will also be at the following:
- DC Comics Booth– Signing MADs and doing sketches, likely one hour per day, Schedule TBA
- Cartoon Art Museum Booth– Sketch-a-Thon: I’ll be one of many artists who will participate in this at some point during the con.¬¨‚Ä† Booth visitors pay $10 for a convention sketch (more in some cases), and proceeds go to support exhibitions and public programming for the Cartoon Art Museum, an educational non-profit organization dedicated to the collection, preservation and display of cartoon art in all its forms, as well as educational outreach. My time TBA.
- WB MAD Panel– Not sure when this is scheduled but I’m supposed to be on it with MAD Editor John Ficarra and I’m guessing Kevin Schnick and others from the MAD show on Cartoon Network, plus no doubt other MAD people.
MAD Exhibit at the Cartoon Art Museum, San Fransisco- Thursday, August 2nd
- This is confirmed but not yet posted on their website, so I have no idea about times or other details yet.. I’ll be doing something for their big MAD art show . . . possibly juggling. I’ll check on that, because if that’s the case I’ll need to learn how to juggle.
Charles M. Schulz Museum, Santa Rosa, CA- Saturday, August 4th
- 10am–12pm MASTER CLASS for adults: The MAD Art of Caricature
I’ll be conducting a workshop class on caricature at the museum. All class participants will receive a copy of my book, The Mad Art of Caricature. Cost for class is $35 for members; $40 for non-members. Advance registration is required by calling (707) 284-1263. All proceeds benefit the Schulz Museum.
- 2pm– 3pm
That afternoon I’ll be doing a presentation about my work, followed by a book signing. Copies of the book will be available.
I also might get some actual work done over the summer . . . I’m just not sure when.
Sign up for the latest news, Caricature Workshops and more!
145 Just added dates for Atlanta and London, spots still available in Dallas and Toronto! https://www.tomrichmond.com/product-category/workshops/
- Classic Rock Sketch Series (38)
- Freelancing (152)
- General (1,197)
- Illustration Throwback Thursday (40)
- It's All Geek to Me! (52)
- Just Because… (1)
- MAD Magazine (549)
- Mailbag (534)
- Monday MADness (178)
- News (772)
- On the Drawing Board (159)
- Presidential Caricatures (47)
- Sketch O'The Week (559)
- Surf's Up Dept. (29)
- Tales from the Theme Park (17)
- Tutorials (17)
- Wall of Shame (17)