A week or two ago I blogged about the Kickstarter campaign to fund the second annual Kenosha Festival of Cartooning. Things started out with a bang with the drive but there is still a long way to go.
Check out the video above, produced by Tall Tale Radio’s Tom Racine, to find out about the festival. If you can help out, even with just a small donation, please do. These kinds of public cartooning events are few and far between, and not everybody likes to go to comic cons to meet their favorite cartoonists . . . stormtrooper costumes get rank very quickly, and 80% of the women (and 100% of the men) wearing Princess Leia slave girl outfits look bad in them. Plus, there are a whole host of awesome premiums depending on your level of support for the Kenosha Festival of Cartooning on Kickstarter:
- $10 or more: Official festival publicity poster signed by attending cartoonist of your choice: Stephan Pastis, Norm Feuti, Michael Jantze, Greg Cravens, or Dave Coverly!
- $20 or more: A copy of the 3 day festival program booklet signed by all the artists.
- $35 or more: A signed festival publicity poster of the guest artist of your choice and a copy of the festival program booklet signed by all the artists
- $50 or more: A full set of festival publicity posters signed by each of the guest artists OR a signed book collection from either Stephan Pastis, Michael Jantze, Norm Feuti, Greg Cravens, Dave Coverly or John Hambrock.
- $75 or more: A copy of the festival program booklet signed by all festival artists and a signed book collection by one of the artists.
- $100 or more: A copy of the festival program booklet signed by all the guest artists, a signed book collection from one of the artists and a DVD of one of the panel discussions.
- $250 or more: A copy of the festival program booklet signed by all festival artists and a PERSONALIZED “SPOT ART” DRAWING from the artist of your choice.
- $500 or more: A copy of the program booklet signed by all festival artists, and a SIGNED ORIGINAL DAILY COMIC STRIP from the artist of your choice. Featured artists: Stephan Pastis, Norm Feuti, Michael Jantze, Greg Cravens, Dave Coverly, or John Hambrock.
- $1000 or more: Full set of festival posters signed by each of the artists, a copy of the full festival program booklet, your name in the festival program as one of the principal underwriters (you can even sponsor a particular cartoonist – first come first served), a signed book collection, a DVD of one of the panel discussions, and a SIGNED ORIGINAL DAILY COMIC STRIP from the artist of your choice.
Wow, that’s a lot of great premiums, and donations support a great event! Visit their Kickstarter page today and lend your support!!
Sign up for the latest news, Caricature Workshops and more!
149 Just added dates for Atlanta and London, spots still available in Dallas and Toronto! https://www.tomrichmond.com/product-category/workshops/
- Classic Rock Sketch Series (38)
- Freelancing (152)
- General (1,198)
- Illustration Throwback Thursday (40)
- It's All Geek to Me! (52)
- Just Because… (1)
- MAD Magazine (549)
- Mailbag (534)
- Monday MADness (178)
- News (773)
- On the Drawing Board (159)
- Presidential Caricatures (47)
- Sketch O'The Week (560)
- Surf's Up Dept. (29)
- Tales from the Theme Park (17)
- Tutorials (17)
- Wall of Shame (17)