My wife Anna just returned last night from a girl’s trip to the wine country in northern California, and in her absence I was trying to do both our jobs. I draw,??á¬¨‚Ä† she does everything else. On the whole drawing is less complicated and the chair is more comfortable. Sadly the result of her trip is that I did about half a job on both sides of the equation, meaning I did not get all my drawing done nor did I get all the socks washed (okay, ANY of the socks washed). So, things have piled up in the studio. Here’s what I’ve got going:
– Illustration for Scholastic. A parody image of the Nickelodeon show “Drake and Josh” for one of their math magazines. The pencil rough:
-??á¬¨‚Ä†Another workplace poster. The annual Christmas theme:
– Final Art on the “Museum of Tort Law” job. I’ll post some of the final images if they turn out, but the job has really turned. I am basically doing a straight portrait of Nader now, so all the fun of it (and any personal stamp of my own) is gone. Oh, well.
– New MAD job! A parody of the TV show “Grey’s Anatomy”. I’ll be watching back episodes tonight on DVD as it’s yet another show I’ve never seen. Sandra Oh has a great face for a caricature (sorry Sandra) so there will be some evil fun involved.
– Personal project. A mocked up MAD cover of a fellow NCN member who has been beyond patient in waiting for me to finish it. It’s been 1/2 done for about a year. I won’t sleep until it’s finished in time for the next NCN convention, which is in just over 2 weeks.
758 My cover art for the next issue of MAD, exclusive sneak peek from @entertainmentweekly website
- Classic Rock Sketch Series (34)
- Freelancing (150)
- General (1,189)
- Illustration Throwback Thursday (39)
- It's All Geek to Me! (52)
- Just Because… (1)
- MAD Magazine (541)
- Mailbag (526)
- Monday MADness (172)
- News (763)
- On the Drawing Board (159)
- Presidential Caricatures (47)
- Sketch O'The Week (552)
- Surf's Up Dept. (29)
- Tales from the Theme Park (17)
- Tutorials (17)
- Wall of Shame (17)