Better late than never today, even if I am doing another of my shameless plugs for the Limited Artist’s Edition of my book, complete with a caricature of YOU (or the person of your choice) drawn by me in a signed, numbered, limited-to-120-editions copy.
To make it up to you, I will make this into a little lesson. Below is the main reference pic I used to draw Jayce here, and below that are the observations I made about his face, with corresponding mark-ups on the photo.
- Overall head shape: Long. Need to elongate head and the correspondingly narrow face.
- Narrow bridge of nose, strong bone structure
- Outside corner of eye very high and flattened
- upper mouth area distinctively shaped, wide past corners of mouth
- Small, slightly recessed chin
- Strong lines from chin to mouth corner, again from behind that line to cheekbone
- Strong cheekbones
Forgot to mention eyebrows. Very distinct shape, flat across bottom and angled into that bony nose bridge in an “angry” sort of way.