Sneak Peek: The ScAvengers for MAD #517

As promised, a sneak peek of “The ScAvengers” from the latest MAD:

Splash page final art- Clicky to embiggen…

The splash page inks- Clicky to embiggen…

Some assorted panels:

Tags: , , ,

19 Responses to “Sneak Peek: The ScAvengers for MAD #517”

1. Tom Siler says:

Tom, do you have a blog for the people that work at your parks, I’d love to see some greatest hits they might post, and also maybe some greatest rejects! When people ask me where to go to learn the art of caricature, I always tell them “MOA or Valley Fair” – learn from the best!

2. Anthony says:

Got the issue yesterday – amazing parody and artwork. Though I didn’t recognise some of the cameos in the NYC battle scenes, it was still hilarious. Great work as usual :)

Almost all of those cameos were characters from other Joss Whedon shows: Firefly, Buffy, Angel and Dr. Horrible’s Sing-Along Blog. the guy with the camera in the third panel shown here is my pal, illustrator and caricaturist Ed Steckley

3. bbpmdj says:

Love your art work… That is all… :-)

4. WOW…I love the Scarlett drawings!!!!! You might think I am crazy, but I prefer the black & white ink look OVER the finished color version. I just love that look.

5. Brilliant work.

Is that Ed Steckley I see with the camera?…

6. Sagan Lacy says:

It’s amazing what an expert you’ve become at these MAD parodies since you first started. And I can’t count all the little gags on the main splash page.

7. Cliffhanger77 says:

Brilliant! Oh, MAD, take my money, please!

8. Lolabonne says:

What does it say on the sticky-note on Irony Man’s leg? I can’t make it out.

9. Eagle Eye Cherry says:

“FIRE AGENT”

10. Caty says:

Beautiful Tom… I’m in love :) I was fearful that the only Mad parody I’d see is the one gag from the previous issue… not saying I didn’t like it it’s just that one panel is not enough!!!
    And now I can have an ultra dosage of Avengers by Tom Richmond… couldn’t be happier :)

11. RobbieRocket says:

Hi Tom,
    I remember once you were saying you had trouble caricaturing Gwenyth Paltrow, but you’ve got her brilliantly here!
    I can’t put into words how great I think you are, I’ve been a fan of your work since I was in school like 8 years ago. I remember a particular sketch of the week you did of Daniel Craig as Bond from an ‘underneath’ angle, just blew me away.