“Sheen Lantern” for MAD #513- Sneak Peek

Clicky to Embiggen

Usually MAD wants me to wait until the latest issue is on the stands before sharing any of the work I did in it here on The MAD Blog. Well, I guess the cat’s out of the bag on this one, so I might as well share it here. MAD has provided Comic Book Resources with an exclusive first look at the piece I illustrated for this year’s “MAD‘s 20 Dumbest People, Events & Things” feature in #513. Written by Kit Lively and Scott Nickel. Image courtesy of CBR and MAD Magazine.

Here’s the pencil rough and the finished art sans the copy (click for a closer look)…

Tags: , ,

11 Responses to ““Sheen Lantern” for MAD #513- Sneak Peek”

1. Jason says:

This is awesome, one of my favorites that you’ve done!

2. Gigi says:

OMG Hilarious!

3. Scott Nickel says:

Love the behind-the-scenes peek at the process. Kit and I were wondering who MAD would tap for this piece. We’re beyond thrilled that it was you!

I really liked the premise and writing. Great job!!

• Kit Lively says:

I usually don’t like it when Scott speaks on my behalf (do you blame me?), but in this case he’s right. It looks incredible, and it’s great to be sharing a byline with you in MAD!

4. Jim Keefe says:

You nailed that psychotic expression of his perfectly. And how you made the blue guy look like his dad is beyond me…

5. E.W.Pankey says:

I’m green with envy. Your work keeps getting better and better. Charlie Sheen will love this parody feature to go along with his ego.

6. Charlie Sheen says:

At last, one news source gets it right on how much of a superhero I am!

7. Charlie Sheen says:

Just kidding, this isn’t Charlie Sheen

8. Sagan Lacy says:

Hah, that little Martin Sheen had me laughing out loud. As did the word “embiggen.”