One week from today I’ll be at Wizard World Comic Con Chicago, booth F-15 in Artists’ Alley. I’ll be pimping the following:
- Signed copies of “The Mad Art of Caricature”
- Original MAD artwork
- NEW: Various pencil sketches ranging from $25 to $75
- Limited edition prints:
- “Men of Steel”
- “Bat’s in the Belfry”
- “The Game is Afoot”
- My “Presidential Caricatures” poster
- Assorted copies of MAD (signed)
- Exclusive mini-prints of my sold out James Bond print and one of my DC variant covers
- Commissions and caricatures
I’m also doing a panel on Thursday:
Thursday August 20:
5:30-6:15 PM HOW TO DRAW FUNNY! WITH MAD’S TOM RICHMOND, THE SIMPSONS’ PHIL ORTIZ, WEAPON BROWN’S JASON YUNGBLUTH, AND DICK TRACY’S JIM BROZMAN
Ever wonder how humor artists are able to create characters and stories that leave us laughing like idiots? Here, four of the finest practitioners of the simple art of humor—Tom Richmond (MAD Magazine; 2012 National Cartoonist Society’s “Outstanding Cartoonist of the Year”), Phil Ortiz (The Simpsons TV series and comics), Jason Yungbluth (MAD Magazine; Weapon Brown) and Jim Brozman (Dick Tracy; Dr. Weird)—tell and show you how they do it! Moderated by Danny Fingeroth (How to Create Comics from Script to Print).
Drop by and say hello to The Lovely Anna and me!
If you are ever wondering where I am going to be doing appearances, just keep checking this page!
Sign up for the latest news, Caricature Workshops and more!
313 LA Workshop no. 2 underway today!
- Classic Rock Sketch Series (42)
- Freelancing (152)
- General (1,211)
- Illustration Throwback Thursday (43)
- It's All Geek to Me! (52)
- Just Because… (1)
- MAD Magazine (554)
- Mailbag (542)
- Monday MADness (185)
- News (788)
- On the Drawing Board (159)
- Presidential Caricatures (47)
- Sketch O'The Week (568)
- Stuff from my Studio (3)
- Surf's Up Dept. (29)
- Tales from the Theme Park (17)
- Tutorials (17)
- Wall of Shame (17)