Classic Rock Sketches #3- George Harrison!

April 1st, 2015 | Posted in Classic Rock Sketch Series

harrisonBeen a little too busy to do much superfluous sketching, but here’s another Beatle for my ongoing “Classic Rock” series of caricature sketches… the late, great, George Harrison.

1. Jack Myhervold says:

The Fabs in a print, maybe even vertical Brady Bunch style. That would be great. Ringo is on Conan tonight. If a Rock star print ever did happen, it would be cool, whoever makes the cut.

Can’t do that. Individually or as the group. Right of Publicity infringement. I could possibly do a group caricature of many different musicians and call it a “Classic Rock” print.

• Jack Myhervold says:

How ’bout a print where the Marx brothers dress up like the Beatles in a tribute band called “Captain Spaulding’s Lonely night at the Opera”?.

• Serpentine Firefly says:

Or draw Eric Burdon when he was with the funk group War, and call it “Animal Cracker.”

• Jack Myhervold says:

I can relate to that rambling thought Serpentine, and I think we both have proven why the system is designed to make responses more microscopic with each reply!.

2. Leonardo says:

Inspiring work!

3. Looks great.

Which of the Beatles would you say has the hardest look to capture? I have tried to draw George multiple times, but none of my attempts looked like him (whereas even my quick ones of Paul and Ringo are probably very recognizable).

I’d say Lennon. He had a face that really changed over the years. Young John hardly looked anything like older John.

4. Jed says:

Tom, you are to caricature what the Beatles were to music! So well done!

5. Bob Pitel says:

Awesome. As a die-hard fab four fan, I can’t wait to see your sketches of John and Ringo.

6. deLoreanator says:

Awesome stuff man!! You gotta do Jimmy Page!!!

Sketch o'the Week- Millie Bobby Brown! #strangerthings @milliebobby_brown @strangerthingstv @mad.magazine

Doctor Who 2105 Ad