Well, I’m not actually at the drawing board right now, unless you count all the caricatures I am doing of the men and women in our armed forces serving in undisclosed locations in the Persian Gulf this week. But, here’s what is awaiting me when I get back to the studio next week:
- MAD TV parody– For once I can tell you exactly what I am working on for MAD, since editor John Ficarra spilled the beans in an interview at Comic-Con last week… it’s “Orange is the New Black”. This, I believe, will be MAD’s first parody of an Internet-only TV show. History, baby. Historians will be disappointed I am the one drawing it.
- Comic Book Project– Met with the writer of this project at Comic-Con, and things are moving along with this humorous zombie story. Loving working on this… it reminds me of the old EC comics tales.
- Book Illustrations– Way behind on this but have gotten some headway on the pitch. Working with a TV comedy writer and the book is quite entertaining.
- Unique caricature illustration project– Wow, talk about ambiguous. Not sure I can really share what this is all about but it is a fun and somewhat historical gig. It invokes caricatures/gags of celebrities for a well known chain of… something.
- Jeff Dunham Product Illustration– Jeff is in the news right now as he just announced he’s doing an ongoing show at Planet Hollywood Hotel and Casino in Las Vegas. He and I are working on a line of Vegas themed products for his new venue. Very beginning stages brainstorming gags right now.
- Marlin Co. Poster– My usual monthly assignment. I posted the sketch of the last one Wednesday, here’s the final of that one:
- Classic Rock Sketch Series (29)
- Freelancing (150)
- General (1,164)
- Illustration Throwback Thursday (36)
- It's All Geek to Me! (52)
- Just Because… (1)
- MAD Magazine (523)
- Mailbag (512)
- Monday MADness (159)
- News (740)
- On the Drawing Board (158)
- Presidential Caricatures (47)
- Sketch O'The Week (539)
- Surf's Up Dept. (29)
- Tales from the Theme Park (17)
- Tutorials (17)
- Wall of Shame (16)