The Lovely Anna and I are off to
smoldering sunny San Diego for the National Cartoonists Society Reuben Award Weekend early tomorrow. As the current President of the NCS, I’ve organized, planned and will run the whole weekend. Well, actually The Lovely Anna does all that but I will help with the centerpieces for the banquet. There will be copious live coverage here on Tom’s MAD Blog as well as the NCS site, included “red carpet” pics and interviews and other fun stuff.
Just a few fun facts and other info before we head out:
- Yes, I know who will be the winner of the prestigious Reuben for “Outstanding Cartoonist of the Year”, but I am not telling. You will find out at roughly 11pm PDT on Saturday the 24th. Watch the NCS twitter feed.
- If you have ordered a book, print or other goodie from my Studio Store in the last few days, all outstanding orders will be shipped before we leave. If you place an order between now and next week Tuesday, it won’t ship until mid next week.
- Yes, the cartoonists often set records for their open bar consumption at the Reubens, and not just on Sunday mornings.
- Tom’s MAD Blog will surprisingly keep up-to-date on posting, thanks to the miracle of scheduled posts and long flights with nothing to do but type on my laptop.
- I will be bringing NO FREELANCE WORK with me on this trip… frankly I am so busy running everything finding a spare minute to do anything else is impossible. I will be hopelessly behind when I get back.
- It’s going to be fun.
- Classic Rock Sketch Series (24)
- Freelancing (149)
- General (1,153)
- Illustration Throwback Thursday (34)
- It's All Geek to Me! (52)
- Just Because… (1)
- MAD Magazine (513)
- Mailbag (505)
- Monday MADness (153)
- News (725)
- On the Drawing Board (158)
- Presidential Caricatures (47)
- Sketch O'The Week (531)
- Surf's Up Dept. (29)
- Tales from the Theme Park (17)
- Tutorials (17)
- Wall of Shame (16)