In the next few weeks I’ll be doing a couple of talks/presentations and classes on caricature… on two different continents.
ACA Stanley Awards- Oct 25th-27th, Coffs Harbour, Australia
If you are “down under” aka in the wonderful country of Australia later this month I’ll be conducting a workshop on caricature and taking part in a panel on working for MAD along with fellow members of the “Usual Gang of Idiots”, Anton Emdin and D.J. Williams (editor of the Australian MAD). This will be part of the Australian Cartoonists Association‘s “Stanley Awards” weekend, this year being held in Coffs Harbour.
This is not open to the public (I don’t think any part of the weekend is, anyway) so if you want to attend you’ll need to be an ACA member or a guest of one, and pay the registration fee for the entire weekend event.
Kenosha Festival of Cartooning- Nov 2nd, Kenosha WI
In it’s third year the Kenosha Festival of Cartooning is temporarily scaling back to a one day event (it is planning to return to a 2-3 day event next year), and I’ll be the “visiting cartoonist” doing multiple workshops and activities on Saturday, Nov. 2nd. Here’s the itinerary:
- Caricature Class for Kids (ages 13-18)- Just like it says, a workshop on caricature just for teenagers. 10:30-12:00, Kenosha Public Museum (Cost $20)
- Main Presentation– I’ll talk about my career, process, etc. 12:30-2:00, Kenosha Public Museum (Free and open to the public)
- Class for Aspiring Professionals– This will be a partial class on drawing caricatures but also about doing them for freelance illustration and the dynamics involved- 2:30-4:00, Artworks Gallery (Cost $50 class only and $75 with a signed copy of my book, limited to 18 students) Register online here.
- Portfolio Review– Cartoonist John Hambrock and I will do 15 minute, one-on-one reviews of aspiring cartoonist’s portfolios, 4:15-6:00, Artworks Gallery, (Cost $30, limited to 6 per artist) Register online here.
- 2014 Festival Fundraiser– Meet and Greet reception with John, myself and any other pro cartoonists in attendance. I’ll be drawing caricatures or doing Alfred sketches of anyone who wants one. 6:30-9:00, Villa D’Carlo (Cost $20)
All the money raised for these events go to fund the Festival for next year, where they will be bringing in multiple cartoonists from different areas of the industry to do talks, panels and workshops. The individual pricing above is for “non backers” of the event… the costs to attend multiple sessions is much less if you become a backer, which there is still plenty of time to do. Just visit the Kenosha Festival of Cartooning website for the details.
471 #nycc2017 #nycc commissions
- Classic Rock Sketch Series (36)
- Freelancing (150)
- General (1,195)
- Illustration Throwback Thursday (39)
- It's All Geek to Me! (52)
- Just Because… (1)
- MAD Magazine (545)
- Mailbag (530)
- Monday MADness (174)
- News (768)
- On the Drawing Board (159)
- Presidential Caricatures (47)
- Sketch O'The Week (556)
- Surf's Up Dept. (29)
- Tales from the Theme Park (17)
- Tutorials (17)
- Wall of Shame (17)