This weeks Monday MADness is not something of mine but a link to a classic MAD piece originally run in MAD #80, June 1963. Just click on the image below to go to a website called “Letters of Note” for the complete article, which is genius.
So, why am I doing this for “Monday MADness” this week, as opposed to posting some old piece of mine or some pencil roughs or something? My reasons:
- Long term thinking: I’ve only been in about 100 issues of MAD. Doing the math and factoring in there will be an additional 12 issues out over that time, plus about 3 more as I run those additional 12, that’s only 65 weeks of material. I have done 6 installments already. That means I’ll run out of material on Monday, June 30th, 2014. Now I’ll never run out of material.
- Someone else was dumb enough to post an entire, copyrighted article from MAD on the internet, so I am not going to get in any trouble for it!
Sign up for the latest news, Caricature Workshops and more!
239 I’m in LA doing back to back Caricature workshops. Here’s the class illustration of workshop no. 1. Visit https://www.tomrichmond.com/workshops/ for all the details and to see where others are scheduled in 2018!
- Classic Rock Sketch Series (42)
- Freelancing (152)
- General (1,209)
- Illustration Throwback Thursday (43)
- It's All Geek to Me! (52)
- Just Because… (1)
- MAD Magazine (554)
- Mailbag (542)
- Monday MADness (185)
- News (787)
- On the Drawing Board (159)
- Presidential Caricatures (47)
- Sketch O'The Week (568)
- Stuff from my Studio (3)
- Surf's Up Dept. (29)
- Tales from the Theme Park (17)
- Tutorials (17)
- Wall of Shame (17)