Hard to believe the San Diego Comic-Con is at the end of this week. I’ll be there again this year, but I will not have my own booth. That experiment did not go as well as I’d hoped last year. It was fun to have my own space, but the location wasn’t great and it took a lot of work to sell enough stuff just to pay the booth fee before there was any profit being made.
This year I will be at the National Cartoonists Society booth (#1307/1309) much of the time, and will have posted, scheduled hours at the booth as to when I will definitely be there signing and drawing. I will have plenty of copies of The Mad Art of Caricature! on hand, which I will be selling signed for a special Comic-Con price of $20 and can also do either a drawing of Alfred E. Neuman in it for an extra $10 or a caricature of YOU in it for an extra $15. I’ll also have caricature drawing stuff with to do regular caricatures for $25 (plus tax on all sales, of course). Such a deal :roll:. Oh, I’ll also have a few pieces of original MAD movie and TV parody artwork for sale at $175-$250 per page.
Here’s my complete schedule (subject to revisions):
Thurs, July 12th:
- 11am-3pm: National Cartoonists Society booth¬¨‚Ä†(#1307/1309)
- 4-5pm: DC Entertainment booth (#1915)- I’ll be signing free copies of MAD Magazine!
Fri, July 13th:
- 10am-1pm, 3-7pm:¬¨‚Ä†National Cartoonists Society booth¬¨‚Ä†(#1307/1309)
Sat, July 14th:
- 10am-12pm, 5:30-7:30pm:¬¨‚Ä†National Cartoonists Society booth¬¨‚Ä†(#1307/1309)
- 2-3pm: Mad About MAD… Often imitated but never duplicated, MAD is the country’s best-selling humor magazine! Join MAD magazine editor John Ficarra, art director Sam Viviano, artists Sergio Aragon?¬©s and Tom Richmond, and Spy vs. Spy artist Peter Kuper for a wise-cracking Q&A that’s bound to be, well, MAD. (Room¬¨‚Ä†9)
- 4-5pm: Cartoon Art Museum Booth booth (#1930)- I’ll be participating in their Cartoon Sketch-a-Thon fundraiser for the museum. All proceeds from sketches go to the Cartoon Art Museum.
Sun, July 15th:
- 10:30-11am at the DC Entertainment booth (#1915)- Art Demonstration! a 20-30 min stage presentation where I’ll be talking about my work with a host, all the while drawing on an ELMO machine that projects each sketch stroke by stroke up on a 6′ x 9′ HD screen!
- 12-1pm at the DC Entertainment booth (#1915)- I’ll be signing free copies of MAD Magazine!
- 2-5pm:¬¨‚Ä†National Cartoonists Society booth¬¨‚Ä†(#1307/1309)
Sorry, no follow up to the very popular limited edition print from last year. Too busy to pull that off this time around. Hope to see you there!
Sign up for the latest news, Caricature Workshops and more!
609 2017 Best Nine on Instagram #2017bestnine
- Classic Rock Sketch Series (40)
- Freelancing (152)
- General (1,203)
- Illustration Throwback Thursday (41)
- It's All Geek to Me! (52)
- Just Because… (1)
- MAD Magazine (553)
- Mailbag (538)
- Monday MADness (181)
- News (781)
- On the Drawing Board (159)
- Presidential Caricatures (47)
- Sketch O'The Week (563)
- Surf's Up Dept. (29)
- Tales from the Theme Park (17)
- Tutorials (17)
- Wall of Shame (17)