A week or two ago I blogged about the Kickstarter campaign to fund the second annual Kenosha Festival of Cartooning. Things started out with a bang with the drive but there is still a long way to go.
Check out the video above, produced by Tall Tale Radio’s Tom Racine, to find out about the festival. If you can help out, even with just a small donation, please do. These kinds of public cartooning events are few and far between, and not everybody likes to go to comic cons to meet their favorite cartoonists . . . stormtrooper costumes get rank very quickly, and 80% of the women (and 100% of the men) wearing Princess Leia slave girl outfits look bad in them. Plus, there are a whole host of awesome premiums depending on your level of support for the Kenosha Festival of Cartooning on Kickstarter:
- $10 or more: Official festival publicity poster signed by attending cartoonist of your choice: Stephan Pastis, Norm Feuti, Michael Jantze, Greg Cravens, or Dave Coverly!
- $20 or more: A copy of the 3 day festival program booklet signed by all the artists.
- $35 or more: A signed festival publicity poster of the guest artist of your choice and a copy of the festival program booklet signed by all the artists
- $50 or more: A full set of festival publicity posters signed by each of the guest artists OR a signed book collection from either Stephan Pastis, Michael Jantze, Norm Feuti, Greg Cravens, Dave Coverly or John Hambrock.
- $75 or more: A copy of the festival program booklet signed by all festival artists and a signed book collection by one of the artists.
- $100 or more: A copy of the festival program booklet signed by all the guest artists, a signed book collection from one of the artists and a DVD of one of the panel discussions.
- $250 or more: A copy of the festival program booklet signed by all festival artists and a PERSONALIZED “SPOT ART” DRAWING from the artist of your choice.
- $500 or more: A copy of the program booklet signed by all festival artists, and a SIGNED ORIGINAL DAILY COMIC STRIP from the artist of your choice. Featured artists: Stephan Pastis, Norm Feuti, Michael Jantze, Greg Cravens, Dave Coverly, or John Hambrock.
- $1000 or more: Full set of festival posters signed by each of the artists, a copy of the full festival program booklet, your name in the festival program as one of the principal underwriters (you can even sponsor a particular cartoonist – first come first served), a signed book collection, a DVD of one of the panel discussions, and a SIGNED ORIGINAL DAILY COMIC STRIP from the artist of your choice.
Wow, that’s a lot of great premiums, and donations support a great event! Visit their Kickstarter page today and lend your support!!
473 #nycc2017 #nycc commissions
- Classic Rock Sketch Series (36)
- Freelancing (150)
- General (1,195)
- Illustration Throwback Thursday (39)
- It's All Geek to Me! (52)
- Just Because… (1)
- MAD Magazine (545)
- Mailbag (530)
- Monday MADness (175)
- News (768)
- On the Drawing Board (159)
- Presidential Caricatures (47)
- Sketch O'The Week (556)
- Surf's Up Dept. (29)
- Tales from the Theme Park (17)
- Tutorials (17)
- Wall of Shame (17)