Sketch o’the Week

February 15th, 2012 | Posted in Sketch O'The Week

This week’s sketch subject is multiple-Grammy winning singer Adele, who is a major celebrity around the Richmond household. She is The Lovely Anna‘s favorite, and my kids are all musically gifted singers and musicians who appreciate great talents. Adele is a great talent, no question. You need only look at the Grammy performances to see that. While Rhianna, Nikki Minaj and others had elaborate productions and stageshows, Adele needed only a microphone and a spotlight, and blew them all away. The Richmond clan are big fans, so I spent a little longer than usual on this sketch as a result . . . although I still got a dirty look from Anna because I drew Adele “too fat” in her opinion.

1. Bill Karis says:

2. Ron says:

Great likeness. Yeah Brandee and I are huge fans too. I think Adele has slimmed down a bit recently too. Noticed that at the Grammy’s.

3. Bearman says:

Nice to know our wives are our biggest critics and not afraid to tell us.

4. Lee Fortuna says:

Big Fans here as well Tom! Bought her CD “21” months ago & can’t stop listening to it, but SHHHHHHish, don’t tell my friends, I’ve been a Eric Clapton, and southern rock fan since the 70’s! lol, Great sketch Tom, her size is fine!

5. Lash LeRoux says:

Phenomenal sketch! Phenomenal talent! And I’m quite relieved, Tom, to see that I’m not the only one who thinks Adele has ridiculously tiny hands, LOL…

yes, that is typical of larger women, and a trick if you want to make someone look fat without resorting to drawing them like Jabba the Hutt… give them tiny hands and feet.

6. Robin Crowley says:

Great likeness!, maybe she looks fat because of a swollen wisdom tooth? ;P

7. Tamsin says:

You drew her perfectly! Who said anything about ‘too fat’?

Thru Cyber Monday, original sketches on sale! Get 'em while they last! New ones added tomorrow!

Doctor Who 2105 Ad