Anybody wanting to learn how to earn a living in comics in the 21st century would be well served to attend this if they can:
Comics Seminar to be Held in Las Vegas February 25th & 26th
How to make money with comics
Chad Carpenter, the cartoonist behind the popular newspaper comic strip Tundra, and Bill Kellogg, Tundra’s marketing director who has managed to get Tundra in over 500 newspapers in less than six years, are hosting a seminar in Las Vegas on how to make money with comics. They hosted this seminar for the first time just over a year ago and it went over extremely well. Now, due to popular request, and the fact that they are from Alaska and it gets really cold there in February, they are going to do it again.
This is a “must-attend” event for anyone who would like to learn how to make more money with comics. The seminar takes place in Las Vegas this February 25th & 26th at the Tuscany Hotel & Casino and is open to amateur and syndicated cartoonists alike. There will be fourteen speakers over two days, sharing their knowledge on how to make money in different areas of cartooning. Topics include: How to get syndicated, self-syndicating, web comics, producing & marketing products, licensing, animation, building a Facebook following, and much more. There will be social get-togethers each night too with free beer, wine and snacks so attendees will have plenty of time to talk one-on-one with the speakers and other guests.
This Years’ speakers are:
- Chad Carpenter & Bill Kellogg – (Tundra Comics)
- Jack Newcombe – (President of Creator’s Syndicate)
- Tom Gammill – (The Simpsons)
- Mell Lazarus – (Momma and Miss Peach)
- Rob Tornoe – (Editorial and Sports cartoonist. Editor and Publisher of Punchline magazine)
- Adrian Raeside (The Other Coast, and writer for children’s shows such as Kid vs. Kat)
- Mark Parisi & Lynn Reznik – (Off the Mark)
- Mason Mastroianni – (B.C. Cartoonist and Emmy Award winning animator)
- Mick Mastroianni – (Writer for B.C., Wizard of Id and Dogs of C Kennel)
- John Read – (Publisher of Stay Tooned magazine)
- Daniele Corsetto – (Girls With Slingshots – web comic)
- Debbra Abeyta – (Newspaper pagination with Vertis)
The cost for the seminar is $375 and it is open to cartoonists and aspiring cartoonists of all ages. More information is available by going to the Tundra Comics web site at www.tundracomics.com and clicking the Las Vegas link.
For questions or more information, please contact Bill Kellogg at 907-441-6882 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sign up for the latest news, Caricature Workshops and more!
563 2017 Best Nine on Instagram #2017bestnine
- Classic Rock Sketch Series (40)
- Freelancing (152)
- General (1,203)
- Illustration Throwback Thursday (41)
- It's All Geek to Me! (52)
- Just Because… (1)
- MAD Magazine (552)
- Mailbag (537)
- Monday MADness (180)
- News (781)
- On the Drawing Board (159)
- Presidential Caricatures (47)
- Sketch O'The Week (563)
- Surf's Up Dept. (29)
- Tales from the Theme Park (17)
- Tutorials (17)
- Wall of Shame (17)