December is often one of the slower months for illustration work. It might just seem that way because I am usually slammed in October and November with projects for the “Year End” issues of publications… or maybe it’s because many magazines work on a yearly budget and by December they are tapped out for illustration money. I suspect the latter is one of the big reasons.
Not that I have nothing going. Here is what is on the rather light drawing board at the moment:
- MAD Parody– This one is of a very popular TV show that (as always) I can’t reveal until publication. I’m glad to have a “continuity” piece to work on for MAD again (that’s what the staff call the movie/TV parodies), although it was nice to have a little break from them the last two months. I did that Supreme Court video game feature in MAD #512, and the upcoming MAD #513 will have a two-pager I did for the “MAD 20”, but before that I did nine movie or TV parodies in a row (if you count “Toyota Story” and “The Wizard of O” as true parodies). Anyway, after that beat it will be fun to do another continuity.
- Jeff Dunham Art– Jeff keeps me hopping. Working an various illustrations and art for a variety of uses. Hopefully soon I can link to somewhere that will have some of his merchandise using some of my artwork.
I just finished up not one but two of those workplace posters for The Marlin Company- here are the roughs, inks and finals for both. Click on any image for a closer look…
Sign up for the latest news, Caricature Workshops and more!
555 2017 Best Nine on Instagram #2017bestnine
- Classic Rock Sketch Series (40)
- Freelancing (152)
- General (1,203)
- Illustration Throwback Thursday (41)
- It's All Geek to Me! (52)
- Just Because… (1)
- MAD Magazine (552)
- Mailbag (537)
- Monday MADness (180)
- News (781)
- On the Drawing Board (159)
- Presidential Caricatures (47)
- Sketch O'The Week (563)
- Surf's Up Dept. (29)
- Tales from the Theme Park (17)
- Tutorials (17)
- Wall of Shame (17)