Now that we have left the area we are allowed to say our cartoonist’s USO tour spent three days in Afghanistan, specifically Kandahar and FOBs in the southern part of the country.
The picture was taken at the Kandahar Air Field prior to one of our trips to outlying camps to draw for the deployed troops. I thought maybe the soldiers might get a look at me in the gear and think I was Special Forces, but it turns out they thought I was Special Ed.
A full description of the trip is coming next week.
466 #nycc2017 #nycc commissions
- Classic Rock Sketch Series (36)
- Freelancing (150)
- General (1,193)
- Illustration Throwback Thursday (39)
- It's All Geek to Me! (52)
- Just Because… (1)
- MAD Magazine (545)
- Mailbag (529)
- Monday MADness (174)
- News (767)
- On the Drawing Board (159)
- Presidential Caricatures (47)
- Sketch O'The Week (556)
- Surf's Up Dept. (29)
- Tales from the Theme Park (17)
- Tutorials (17)
- Wall of Shame (17)