The second edition of the “MAD‘s Greatest Artists” series of book will be released soon, and is available for pre-order on Amazon. This time around the great Sergio Aragon?¬©s is the subject, and this volume features a selection of his best stuff from the last 50 years. Unlike “The Complete Don Martin“, MAD couldn’t do a complete collection of Sergio’s work for the magazine because:
- He’s still doing work for them and it wouldn’t be a complete collection anyway
- It would take about 20 volumes to reproduce all the work Sergio has done since his debut in MAD #76 in 1963…. approx 15,000 drawings.
Regardless, lucky us that we can get a collection like this in a 272 page hardcover. I’ll be ordering one, and hopefully Sergio will sign it for me if I can ever get close enough to him through his crowds of fans.
Sign up for the latest news, Caricature Workshops and more!
135 Throwback Thursday! Art from the “Coneheads” comic book miniseries I pencilled for Marvel circa 1994 #SNL #coneheads
- Classic Rock Sketch Series (40)
- Freelancing (152)
- General (1,203)
- Illustration Throwback Thursday (41)
- It's All Geek to Me! (52)
- Just Because… (1)
- MAD Magazine (551)
- Mailbag (537)
- Monday MADness (180)
- News (780)
- On the Drawing Board (159)
- Presidential Caricatures (47)
- Sketch O'The Week (562)
- Surf's Up Dept. (29)
- Tales from the Theme Park (17)
- Tutorials (17)
- Wall of Shame (17)