Just a few projects on the drawing board right now-
- MAD Job– Two pager that is scheduled for issue 502… due in October sometime. 🙁
- Scholastic Cover Illustration– Monday deadline… looks like I’ll be working a bit when in Pittsburgh.
- iPhone App projects– Two of these in the works… an interesting idea and a possible new market for illustration. One is a maybe but one is a go involving over 500 caricatures. (!!!!)
Just finished this workplace poster illustration for The Marlin Company:
The above is a very rough pencil I did when at Comic Con in San Diego. I had to scan it at Kinko’s and e-mail it from my hotel, which is always a problem. Kinko’s cannot seem to scan anything as grayscale without screwing it up. It was barely legible. This is a scan I did after I go back to transfer it over to the board. The client liked the sketch but wanted me to have the two instructors interacting slightly more like they were discussing their annoyance at the ghost who doesn’t “get it”.
Above is the finished illustration. I used some cheap PhotoShop effects to make the ghosts look… uh… ghostly.
Sign up for the latest news, Caricature Workshops and more!
270 2017 Best Nine on Instagram #2017bestnine
- Classic Rock Sketch Series (40)
- Freelancing (152)
- General (1,203)
- Illustration Throwback Thursday (41)
- It's All Geek to Me! (52)
- Just Because… (1)
- MAD Magazine (552)
- Mailbag (537)
- Monday MADness (180)
- News (780)
- On the Drawing Board (159)
- Presidential Caricatures (47)
- Sketch O'The Week (563)
- Surf's Up Dept. (29)
- Tales from the Theme Park (17)
- Tutorials (17)
- Wall of Shame (17)