I’m playing catch up already this week, despite my working on and finishing a full page magazine illustration while I was at WonderCon over the weekend. Here’s what’s cooking on the drawing board this week:
- Library Journal Magazine– Cover illustration due late next week concerning library budgets and how tight they are becoming.
- MAD– Not one but two jobs for MAD on the board. One is a two pager I did the roughs for last week but that got bumped to issue #501, so that deadline is a long way off now. Now I am one of seven illustrators doing spots for a Frank Jacobs song parody for the next issue. I am excited about this one, small as it is, just because of the company I am being included with. Mort Drucker is doing the intro piece, and the other 5 artists besides myself include some legends that have not been in MAD for a while, in some cases for decades. It’s going to be a great article for #500.
- NCS Rueben Awards Art- My annual contribution to the NCS weekend. This year Sean Parkes did the brochure image with the multiple cartoon characters, so I will be reverting to drawing caricatures of the speakers, Reuben nominees and other folks featured over the weekend in a local scene.
That’s it, so not an overwhelming schedule but two jobs are due at exactly the same time… just what I said needed to be avoided in my Sunday mailbag question.
In the meantime, here are the pencils, inks and colors for the latest of those workplace posters I do monthly, completed last week:
Initital pencil sketch
Inks, incorporating some minor changes to the characters in
the foreground at the direction of the client…
- Classic Rock Sketch Series (33)
- Freelancing (150)
- General (1,183)
- Illustration Throwback Thursday (38)
- It's All Geek to Me! (52)
- Just Because… (1)
- MAD Magazine (539)
- Mailbag (522)
- Monday MADness (169)
- News (757)
- On the Drawing Board (159)
- Presidential Caricatures (47)
- Sketch O'The Week (550)
- Surf's Up Dept. (29)
- Tales from the Theme Park (17)
- Tutorials (17)
- Wall of Shame (17)